Our History: Since April of 2016, we have hosted 23 meal events, 20 at the VFW post 2913 on Edward St, Patchogue and 3 meal events at local restaurants. We have served over 1300 meals by using a suggested donation model for our meals. All guests received a meal, regardless of means. Our events were 2.5 hours in length with live music, that created a socially engaging environment. We combined fresh cooked dishes with donated trays of food from local restaurants. We encourage people to join us from all socioeconomic backgrounds. We believe all people deserve to have access to nutritious food in an environment that is free of judgment and stigma.
(Please check out the new schedule for meal events)
Our Current Mission: to continue our meal events on a monthly basis and expand our reach.
New Pilot Program: *Volunteer positions for those that have barriers to employment, for example: we are developing a pilot program to work with people that have different abilities. Currently we are working with YAI organization in Coram*, and we will be adding more groups/organizations. These positions will also add value because it gives a sense of purpose and belonging.
In order to grow as a nonprofit organization and expand we need to obtain an office/center space in the Patchogue or surrounding area. We have been operating out of a home office and have hosted our volunteer and board meeting at local Panera bread locations.
Office/Center Space will enable us to grow and expand by providing the following:
· Give us a home base a central location and a place to keep organized.
· Train volunteers and interns with the ability to attract more volunteers.
· Legitimatize our organization with grant officers, volunteers, donors and stakeholders.
· Serve the community by hosting classes on health and wellbeing.
· Expand our pilot program to include volunteering positions in our office.
· Open the door to more grant funding opportunities.
· Host meeting for board and volunteer members.
* Phase 2 of our plan is to raise enough funds to obtain a storefront café*
Will you help us? Ways you can help:
* Attend our Fundraiser on 8/10 at H.O.G. Farm in Brookhaven.(buy your ticket online)
* Become a Sponsor of the event-detailed infomation, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Donation a Raffle Basket to the Fundraiser.
* Donation of Office Supplies and Equipment. (In-Kind Donation) Tax-deductble
*Donate space or give us contract/s to building owners that may offer us reduced rent or free space for the office and center.
Thank you for your support! Harmony Cafe is a communty project and it will take the community's help to expand it into the organization it is designed to be. The cafe belongs to the community, please think of it as your cafe!
Thank you, Rosemarie Mccarthy
Questions, call me at 631-372-0227